Saturday, May 31, 2008

“Why I love Top 40 Music”

Reason number 542: Because of the creative lyrics. Below is a list of a few of the top songs on iTunes, their place on the chart as of today, and snippets of their lyrics. Some of the songs are repeated on the “Top Singles” chart because they are sold in different formats. You may notice a common theme throughout the lyrics and find out how sarcastic the title of this blog is.

Note: THIS BLOG IS EXPLICIT.

#2 song: Katy Perry “I Kissed A Girl”

“[Chorus] I kissed a girl and I liked it
The taste of her cherry chapstick
I kissed a girl just to try it
I hope my boyfriend don't mind it
It felt so wrong, It felt so right
Don't mean I'm in love tonight
I kissed a girl and I liked it
I liked it

[Verse] No, I don't even know your name
It doesn't matter
Your my experimental game
Just human nature
It's not what, good girls do
Not how they should behave
My head gets so confused
Hard to obey”

#4 Lil Wayne “Got Money”

[Verse 1: Lil Wayne]
Now I was bouncing through the club
She loved the way I did it but
I see her boyfriend hatin' like a city cop
Now I ain't never been a chicken but my fitty cocked
Say I ain't never been a chicken but my semi cocked
Now where your bar at?
I'm tryna rent it out
And we so bout it bout it
Now what are you about?
DJ show me love
He say my name when the music stop
Young Money Lil Wayne
Then the music drop
I make it snow I make it flurry
I make it out alright tomorrow don't worry
Yeah Young Wayne on them hoes
A.K.A. Mr. Make It Rain On Them Hoes (Young Money)

[Chorus: T-Pain + Lil Wayne]
Got money (yeah) And you know it
Take it out your pocket and show it (then)
Throw it (fly), This a way (fly), Thata way (fly)
This a way (fly), Thata way, Gettin' mug
From everybody who see that
Hang over the wall of the VIP
Like (fly), This a way (fly), Thata way (fly),
This a way (fly), Thata way”

#9 – Lil Wayne feat. Kanye West “Lolipop”
#10 – Lil Wayne “Lolipop”

[Intro: Lil Wayne]
“Ow…Uh Huh No Homo…
Young Mula Baby
I say he so sweet
Make her wanna lick the rapper
So I let her lick the rapper

[Hook: Lil Wayne]
She she lick me Like a lollipop
She she lick me Like a lollipop
She she lick Like a lollipop
She lick me Like a lollipop

[Chorus: Static Major + Lil Wayne]
Shawty wanna thug
Bottles in the club
Shawty wanna hump
You know I'd like to touch
Ya lovely lady lumps”

#16 Usher “Love in This Club”
#47 Usher feat. Young Jeezy

Chorus: “I wanna make love in this club” [repeated over and over]

#21 Ray J “Sexy Can I” [Explicit]
#49 Ray J “Sexy Can I” [Clean]

“[Chorus:]
Sexy can I, just pardon my manners.
Girl how you shake it, got a player it like (ohhhh)
It's a kodak moment, let me go and get my camera
All I wanna know is, sexy can I.
Sexy can I, hit it from the front,
then I hit it from the back.
know you like it like that.
then we take it to the bed, then we take it to the floor
then we chill for a second, then we shake that ass some more
Sexy can I, just pardon my manners.
Girl how you shake it, got player it like (ohhhh)
It's a kodak moment, let me go and get my camera
All I wanna know is, sexy can I.”

I can’t even get read anymore of these frickin lyrics. This is why I have to dedicate the next portion of my life to helping others make quality music. Music should always be about creativity; if we ever get away from that, we have ruined one of the greatest gifts mankind has received.

It’s no wonder that every girl in America is singing Danity Kane’s single, “Damaged”.

“I thought that I should let you know
That my heart is
Damaged, damaged
So damaged (so damaged)
And you can blame the one before
So how you gonna fix it, fix it, fix it?”

1 comment:

benjamindavidbrown said...

i miss you siggy. And I have to admit, those are some of my favorite lyrics of all time...