Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Getting Ready To Go...

So I've begun the packing process.  I said my goodbyes to Geneva and am ready to live on the island.  I am not really nervous about the experience or fitting in or any of those things, but mostly in how much "stock" I am putting into this school.  Just like every other graduate, I would like to have a job when I graduate.  Because of this, I am hoping/praying that the Contemporary Music Center will be able to provide opportunities for me that I would have never been able to get.

Everyone I talk to asks what I am going to do at the school.  I make up some nonsense about music production or music business stuff, but in reality, I do not even know what I am going to be doing.  I do know, however, that I am extremely excited to see what it is going to be like and find out what I am going to learn about.  The other cool thing is that even if I cannot get a job from the CMC, I still have a business degree with a concentration in marketing completed from Geneva, so I feel like I am leaving myself some good options.  I definitely have a peace about it all and I can honestly say that I think God is going to take care of all the details I have coming on my plate in the next few months.

Well that is it for now.  My next update will likely be from the island.  I plan to use this blog to let everyone know how I am doing, what I am learning, and if I am surviving the cold (which my mother is 10 times more concerned about than I am - come on I'm a Minnesota-born boy!).  See yah my peeps!

No comments: